To Propfan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: To Propfan

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Specter wrote:Chris your good man, you didn't do a thing wrong.

I try.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm

If Charles is so great, with nothing to fear in his parts or recasting history why are you guys so afraid of me informing people about his past?

Banning recasters does no good because they keep selling? Yeah, cause people start forums like this with the notion of "people deserve another chance", and others with no scruples buy from them knowing they are recasters.

I don't report anything back to AJ, I don't even know him other than GB Fans is his site.

propfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:40 pm

the admin is reading everything that goes on, its not as simple as doing something, every action has to be taken for a view that stands apart, you cant be objective to one side or the other. its not easy to please everyone.

sometimes a little arguing helps for each side to see the other some times it does not, thus is why the battle grounds exist, to blow off steam.

as admin i am not going to remove anyone form the site, if you wish to leave stop posting here.

if anyone thinks you can start a new board without having drama, im sorry but there is going to be drama, the best way to handle it is to find a common ground that everyone can almost agree on. the bad part of this is the way you do this is by drama.

i have been deleting post on both sides where its gone agenst the rules to help bring back order. but not in the battle dome, battle dome is not touched.
my vote for who wins, is not for one side or the other, it is for the site. believe it or not this turmoil has helped in creating much needed rules for the site, which in turn will help us grow.

just banning a person does not solves the problem it just sweeps it under the rug...

also propfan ur point of banning is mute again, besides the fact they just keep showing up on ebay,
i know for a fact there are people on gbfans, proptopia, rpf, that have been banned, come backed with a new name and ip and are selling though pms when there's someone wanting something. the people buying from them do not know who they are cuz once again diffrent name and address.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://ghostbusterswbench.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:43 pm

No I'm asking to be physically deleted rom the forum, as in remove my account.

Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 pm

at least the people here are not trying to sneak around like that.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 pm

raysoccult "at least the people here are not trying to sneak around like that."
exactly, which is why banning people a lot of times dont work, it may seam like a stupid tactic to some, but id rather know where they are then have to wonder about ever new member, now is banning beyond me, no, im sure i will end up banning someone at some point but its gonna end up being for spamming. least that is my views now, time my change that.

i have strong views about the situation here and im sure i will have strong views on things in the future of the site, but unlike the rest, i have to stay neutral in a lot of it, otherwise i can not say i handled the situation fairly,

this is still a place for all fans, and everyone that comes here will be given a fair chance. this whole thing is but one of the first hurdles we will have to survive, if we manage to we will be a stronger board and community for it, but this is only the first, there are going to be a lot of situations that will arise. that will test us.
we just need to stay strong and work though them. as i siad there is no way to make both sides happy in any fight, the only way to win is to find common ground.
we do this though arguing, and having a place for arguing is good so we don't have to have it in ever topic we post,

but think about this also, since this argument has come up, this has been the most active this board has been, lol, and from the stats we are getting a good amount of views from watches, so if they are reading this join the site, have some fun.

specter i will pm you and we will talk, if you really want to be deleted form the site i will honer ur wish, but i really hate you go, after all thats what some people want, to tear this site apart, you leaving is only giving them what they want. but as i siad i will pm you and we will talk about this.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I agree and now I see your point. Guess they just don't realize it's only gonna make us stronger. And I like your point about the site being active and people viewing and joining. You got an excellent point that by simply joining to start crap, they are still joining and adding to our numbers. So if they really wanna shut us down....don't join. LOL. I feel like Spock with my logic. HAHA.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

yep, the trick is not to turn them away but to listen to what they have to say,
sometimes we get so lost in what we thing we shut out other people but if we open up our minds to what they are saying, we might say, "hey while i don't compeltly agree with you i do kinda see ur point," then we can make a informed descion. staying neutral is one of the hardest things to do.

and if we find some common ground the people that come here just to make us see something may end up staying and being productive members.

when you started this site, you wanted something completely different then the rest, im trying to live up to ur dream, by offering a place of diversity, and common ground, not a place that will turn away people because they have diffrent views or arguments, as we know there are enough of those sites. we can offer people a second chance a fair one, without forgetting the past, as we must remember the past if we are to learn form it, we can grow from it. and with lock we can all grow with the site. this board is kinda like our camalot,

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:48 pm

it's only a model.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:05 pm

excellent quote

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Specter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 pm

I'll go ahead and be the adult one here, and just say to hell with it, I'm done arguing. It's not solving anything and we aren't really making any progress on one sides argument or anothers. So I offer a truce to Propfan and Justsayno. I understand your feelings towards Charles, but for God's sake can we try to give him or any member who comes here, even if that member is someone who has been banned before someplace else a second chance? Simply put because this is not any of those other places, it's a place to try to start again. I'm sure you all know the situation up to this point, but has anyone heard Charles side of the story? I dare say it's a totally different beast all together, I personally think he got the short stick but that's my opinion...I'm not going to try to change yours, and I'm done arguing over pettty bullshit. how about I end this night right by saying Chris is going to be offering a part here for sale in a few moments that is going to make a lot of gun builders lives a whole lot easier.

I don't hate anyone here, I'm just firm in my views and grounded in my opinions, And I do honestly apologize for contributing to this drama. That said, the other side must be willing to let this go as well.

So..truce?

Last edited by Specter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Specter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Tis a most excellent part. Brilliant really. Wish I'd thought of it. lol.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:21 pm

so we all cool now Homies? LOL
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  propfan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:31 am

Wow, it's as if you've single handed solved the recasting problem, invite them all to this forum and support them! That way you know where they are, and get the benefit of the work they've stolen from others. Brilliant!

I don't need anyone to call a truce with me because I wasn't at war with anyone. It doesn't matter at all to me if you bash me or call me childish names. You're just people on the internet to me and have no impact on my life in any way.

propfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JustsayNo on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:55 am

I have no beef with anyone at this point. but i will not buy from known recasters. Its a personal choice and thats that. But Its true I want to see more fans on here as well. more people building means lower cost of parts for everyone.

JustsayNo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

Yep pretty much.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raysoccult on Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm

im gonna sell props at a price so low it will make your head spin.
Raysoccult

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum